Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jungle Book Tour: Reasons to Learn How to Change a Tire

Before I start on my lesson, let me introduce myself. My name is Kelly Petlin, I play Tibaquni (the jackal) and Kaa (the snake). I have been performing my whole life. Originally from San Antonio, TX now living in Brooklyn, NY as a waitress/actress. I’ve done many children’s theater tours in my life and I have never had a flat tire.

As I was driving the “Magik Bus” down I-81 we heard a noise that sounded like a bag had gotten caught on the car then slowly, but surely we heard air leaving from our brand new tires. Five seconds later, we were calling Shelley and pulling over. By the way, when you have a blow out, don’t hit the brakes to slow down. My first thought was, “Uh Oh I don’t know how to change a tire...” I was hoping at least one of our people knew how to change a tire. Lucky for me, that was everyone! Anthony (Mowgli) stepped up to the plate and changed the tire. Even though he is the youngest, you’d never know it. He did a great job and didn’t even get dirty.

My point is, after experiencing what could’ve been a long cold time along the side of the highway and really REALLY expensive AAA phone call turned out to be not too awful. Well, I guess, Shelley did have to wait in Wal-Mart for two hours while they put the new tire on, sorry Shelley. EVERYONE should make sure they have a spare tire and know how to change it.

Other then that, we are having a great time. Lots of laughs and lots of hours on the road. We will keep you posted.

1 comment: